Ruby Kate's Scrumptious Tea Cake Recipe
(scrumptious of course meaning delicious and delightful)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 stick softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface (wax paper is nice).
- Use heart shaped or round cookie cutters to cut out your cookies. A bear cookie cutter would be nice, or cookie cutter shapes like Ruby Kate’s friends in the book.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
Have a wonderful tea party! Have enough refreshments so each friend can have two or three desserts. Make everyone feel welcome and very loved.