Ruby Kate's Scrumptious Tea Cake Recipe
(scrumptious of course meaning delicious and delightful)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 stick softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface (wax paper is nice).
- Use heart shaped or round cookie cutters to cut out your cookies. A bear cookie cutter would be nice, or cookie cutter shapes like Ruby Kate’s friends in the book.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
Have a wonderful tea party! Have enough refreshments so each friend can have two or three desserts. Make everyone feel welcome and very loved.
Recipe compliments of Tasty Pastry Bakery, Tallahassee, Florida
To order Ruby Kate’s Scrumptious Tea Cakes, call Tasty Pastry Bakery at (850) 893-3752.
These scrumptious tea cakes can be ordered from Tasty Pastry in heart shapes and can be iced or not… whatever your heart desires!